Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Idiómák: 38.

Ó, a drága jó Chandler, ez az idióma még nem volt, pedig könnyen megjegyezhető!


Itt van:
Season 7, The one with Rachel's Book

Mónika  esküvőelképzelései bizony meghaladják a szűkös büdzsét, Chandlernek ugyan van pénze, de nem akarja erre mind elkölteni.
I have to put my foot down - Ekkor "kell letennie a lábát" szó szerint értelmezve, valójában a kifejezés azt jelenti, hogy valaki  egy vitában szigorúan tarja magát az elképzeléseihez.

Chandler: Well, you’re not suggesting that we spend all of the money on the wedding?
Rachel and Monica: Ah, yeah!
Chandler: Well, come on, I’ve been saving this money for six years and I kinda had some of it earmarked for the future, not just for a party.
Phoebe: (reading the slip of paper) Wow! (In a sultry voice) Hello, Mr. Chandler.
Monica: This is the most special day of our lives.
Chandler: No, I realize that honey, but I’m not gonna spend all of the money on one party.
Monica: Honey, umm I-I love you, (laughs) but umm, if you call our wedding a party one more time, you may not get invited. Okay? (Laughs) Listen, we could always earn more money, okay? But uh, we’re only gonna get married once.
Chandler: Look, I understand, but I have to put my foot down. Okay? The answer is no.
Monica: You-you’re gonna have to put your foot down?
Chandler: Yes, I am!

És akkor jön Phoebe egy újabb idiómával:
Phoebe: Wow, money and a firm hand. Finally a Chandler I can get on board with.

I can get on board with somebody a jelentése annyi, hogy egyetértek valakivel, egy a véleményünk.

2 comments:

  1. Chandler a sarkára áll talán könnyebben társítható fordítás...

    ReplyDelete